These are a fun treat that’s not too sweet. Eat with a protein source.
- 1-1/4 C coconut oil
- 1 bag (12 oz) flaked coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 avocados
- 2 C blueberries to puree (plus extra 1 C blueberries to remain whole)
- Place coconut oil and flakes in a Vitamix (or food processor). Blend until smooth and soupy, scraping sides as needed. It will probably take about 10 minutes.
- While coconut is blending, prepare remaining ingredients:
- bring blueberries to room temperature (if chilled/frozen)
- peel and pit the avocados
- Add avocados and 2 C blueberries to the blender and continue to process until everything is smooth.
- Pour puree’d mixture into miniature silicone muffin pan. Add 4 whole berries to each cup. Chill. After contents are solid, carefully remove from pan. Store airtight. Makes 2 dozen.
Note: May be frozen. Substitute other berries in place of the blueberries (for strawberries, chop into pieces instead of leaving whole – obviously whole strawberries won’t fit in a mini-muffin cup).
Nutrition Information for each cup (if I did the math right):